- New malware crusades are launched every day, where another university, hospital, government agency or business is hacked. SVSU ITS works hard to protect our campus community.
- Always use strong passwords and don't share them. Remember computer security is everyone's job -- You can help keep our campus secure.
- Please visit our new Cyber Security webpage on the portal.
- Please frequently save to your OneDrive, (your free personal cloud file storage) included with Office 365 as our campus erases any locally saved documents on our lab computers.
- Upload and save documents to your OneDrive, sync, and share files across multiple devices.
- Students can access OneDrive and online Office applications by visiting the Office 365 portal.
- Current enrolled SVSU students can print securely from SVSU machines or personal devices via Web Print. To access printers visit Cardinal Commons 1st floor of the Zahnow library as well as the 1st and 2nd floors, use open labs located in C227A and the OTT Mezzanine, or visit our Kiosk locations (e.g., Brown Concourse, Curtiss Groening Commons, HHS 1st floor lounge), and the Living Centers (e.g., SW, S, and MJB).
- PaperCutMF is SVSU's print management system that provides secure access to the Kyocera multi-function printers throughout campus. Students will type their SVSU credentials or swipe their ID cards to make copies, release print documents or scan documents to email.
- To learn more, log into mySVSU, click the Menu (top-left) and select Technology > Print Management
- Manage your print account and check your balance use Quicklinks above and click on Print Balance.
Office 365 is Free for Current Students
What is Office 365?
- Current full and part-time SVSU students can install Office 365 for free. Download our Office 365 Installation (720kB) guide.
- This includes Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneDrive (cloud storage for your files) and other new 2016 apps.
- You can install O365 on up to 5 PCs or Macs, 5 tablets, and 5 smartphones.
- Your Office 365 student account can be synced to any computer with Wi-Fi access or work on the go with the Mobile App. Available from Google Play or the App Store.
- You can also sync your student email to your phone.
Learn Windows and Office 365
- Brainstorm is a Microsoft partner that has interactive QuickHelp videos. Whether you are new to using Windows, Office 365, OneDrive, or SharePoint, these videos will complete your learning experience at SVSU. Available from the Office 365 app menu (waffle).
- See how QuickHelp videos can work for you.
Connect Your Xbox, Apple TV, Wireless Printer, Smartphone, etc, to the Network
- ClearPass is used to manage all -- wired and wireless -- devices that need access to the network.
- We have two networks on campus for students "SVSU Secure & SVSU Open (requires Clearpass registration)".
- Any guest user will be granted access through our "Guest Network".
- Download our Clearpass Student Guide (307kB) to learn more. Learn how to register your devices in our Clearpass Registration Guide (2,327kB) or Watch this video.
mySVSU Portal - Get Things Done
- The mySVSU portal is where you can access your email, register for classes, check your grades and view your class schedule and submit a maintenance request, among other things.
- Sign in with your SVSU username and password. Learn more about mySVSU portal in this guide.
- Pro-tip: Make the mySVSU portal your home page in your computer's web browser.
A Blank Canvas with Unlimited Possibilities
- Canvas is SVSU's learning management system (LMS). Many instructors use Canvas to share course materials, submit assignments, and inform students about what's going on in class.
- Visit the Canvas Students course to learn how to use the Canvas interface.
Need help? Submit IT a Support Ticket