Clearpass is used to manage -- wired and wireless -- devices that need access to the network.
- Requires your SVSU username and password. Clearpass registration is not needed. Recommended for Smartphones and laptops.
- Provides an encrypted connection.
- Need to be registered in Clearpass except gaming systems.
- Recommended for (Blue-Ray players, televisions, Roku’s, Amazon Fire, Chromecast etc.)
- Anyguest user will be granted access through "SVSUGuest".
- Requires registration each day and has a slower connection.
- Download our Clearpass Quick Guide (285KB) or if need more assistance review the full Clearpass Guide (1,631KB) . Alternatively, you can Watch this video.
Wired Network in Housing
- Wired network jacks are NOT ACTIVE by default. Please contact the IT Support Center at (989) 964-4225 to request activation and provide the room and the network jack information.
- Wired devices in Housing MUST be registered in Clearpass (except gaming systems). Once a port has been activated if a guest, there is limited access provided