The mission of the Center is to support the campus community in enhancing and creating innovative practices that promote pedagogical excellence.
The Center’s vision is to foster a culture of pedagogical innovation and excellence to support and bring national recognition to the teaching and learning endeavors of the University.
- To serve as a resource center for evidence-based and emerging practices of teaching and learning across all modes of delivery.
- To promote understanding and implementation of high-impact, evidence-based, data-informed pedagogical practices.
- Offer a variety of opportunities for engaging in discussion and professional development activities focused on learner-centered pedagogy. Specifically a pedagogy that:
- Orients/supports new faculty in regard to the culture and practices of innovative teaching and learning;
- Provides professional development opportunities and funding to explore emerging pedagogical models for innovative teaching and learning practices;
- Supports faculty in the scholarship of teaching and learning initiatives; and
- Promotes academic innovation with the purpose of addressing student retention/success.
What We Can Do for You
The core of our mission is to partner with departments and faculty to support student learning. We offer a variety of programs to advance academic innovation initiatives on campus: