Master of Arts in Teaching -
Early Childhood Classroom Teaching
The Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) Early Childhood Classroom Teaching is an ideal degree program for teachers wishing to specialize in Early Childhood Classroom Teaching (birth through age 8). Those who enroll in this program will have the opportunity to gain new ideas for current best practices in teaching young children and develop skills for reaching all students. The 27 credit endorsement program assists students seeking the coveted ZS endorsement for Early Childhood, General and Special Education. Additionally, the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) Early Childhood expands on the endorsement program to offer a graduate degree for educators and other individuals interested in obtaining a graduate degree in Early Childhood Classroom Teaching.
- Classes are offered in an online or hybrid format. Approximately 85% of classes meet online, excluding the practicum.
- SVSU candidates have a higher pass rate on the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification in Early Childhood than state average.
- The Early Childhood program at SVSU is nationally recognized by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- SVSU faculty in the Early Childhood program are highly qualified in both Early Childhood and Special Education and use their experience to provide an excellent combination of theoretical and practical knowledge.
- The Early Childhood Education degree and associated endorsement program align with the accreditation standards of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)