Free for teachers in MiSTEM Region 10: Bay-Arenac, Clare-Gladwin, Gratiot-Isabella, Midland and Saginaw. This workshop will prepare teachers of grades 1-5 to teach any EiE unit.
During this hands-on workshop, you will:
• gain foundational knowledge of technology, engineering, and the engineering design process
• become familiar with how EiE curriculum units are structured
• become familiar with EiE’s underlying pedagogical approach
• experience a full EiE unit, both as a learner and as a teacher
• reflect on the learning experiences your students will have with EiE
• reflect on the instructional strategies you’ve learned
Questions? Contact Dr. Tamara Barrientos, Project Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hour of Code
4th grade classes will participate in an hour of coding, the process of writing a computer program using a programming language. This event is part of a national initiative to increase diversity in computer science as well as to introduce coding to students at a young age. This is a free program, offered annually in December. Applications available in the fall.
WeCode for Adults - This boot camp is full.
WeCode at Saginaw Valley State University is a FREE one-day weekend boot camp for beginners who would like to explore basics of coding using Sphero Programming. Our main objective is to encourage everyone to try out programming and explore the possible opportunities in the field of Computer Science. Offered in Fall and Winter semesters. Current semester is full.
As a teacher, how do you make science and math cool? Fun? Interesting? You're passionate and want your students to know that these subjects can be cool, fun, interesting and rewarding! SVSU is developing new programs that will give you: