If you’ve been planning to earn your Professional Human Resources (PHR®) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®) designation, now is the time to enroll in our updated and expanded HRCI exam preparation course based on the SHRM Learning System®. This is a certification program that will help you if you are planning to take these tests.
We offer this program in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). The curriculum, designed by subject matter experts, covers the HRCI Body of Knowledge and includes application exercises that develop specific competencies and decision-making skills. As a certification preparation program, it consistently beats the national pass rate. Using the SVSU Vspace Platform, a Web based set of Course Tools designed to deliver online learning, you can be part of a virtual class that will provide a thorough review of the learning system. You will follow a schedule and interact with your instructor and peers in a virtual environment.
The course content is the same as the classroom-based program, which offers flexible scheduling and the benefit of attending class on your own computer.
The most up-to-date learning modules
The SHRM Learning System includes six modules covering the entire HR Certification Institute body of knowledge so you’ll learn everything you need for the PHR or SPHR exam. Modules were updated to reflect the new HR practice and legislation in the HR Certification Institute’s body of knowledge.
1. Business Management and Strategy
2. Workforce Planning and Employment
- Strategic role of HR in organizations
- HR business management skills
- Strategic planning process
- Evaluating the internal/external environment
- HR and the legislative and regulatory environment
3. Human Resource Development
- Employee rights, privacy and consumer protection legislation
- Organizational staffing requirements
- Job analysis and documentation
- Recruitment, flexible staffing, selection and retention
4. Compensation and Benefits
- Organizational development initiatives
- Adult learning and motivation
- Training and development
- Talent and performance management
5. Employee and Labor Relations
- Compensation structure and systems
- Benefit programs (Government mandated, deferred comp plans, health care and other non-statutory benefits)
- Compensation and benefits legislation
- Evaluating compensation and benefits programs
6. Risk Management
- Employee and labor relations legislation
- Union organizing and collective bargaining
- Unfair labor practices
- Discipline and complaint resolution
- Organizational risk
- Workplace safety, health, security and privacy
- Risk management legislation
More ways to learn
Whatever your learning style, you’ll find ways to test your knowledge and build confidence. Use the interactive case study, featuring real-life scenarios and questions, to apply your knowledge. And, check out the Online Learning Center for a wealth of supplemental study materials:
- Quickstarts – guided overviews for each module highlight key topics
- Assessment – identifies topics a participant already knows and those areas that require more time and attention
- Tests – more than 1,000 questions for continually testing knowledge and comprehension
- Post-test – weighted and balanced to mimic the scored PHR/SPHR exam; presented in the style and format used by the HR Certification Institute
- Online Resource Center – includes downloadable audio- and webcasts, flashcards (printed, online or audio), HR updates, related links, feedback feature and more
Best of all, you can access the SHRM Learning System via your PC, laptop, your mobile device, or e-reader making it easy to study wherever and whenever you have time.
Preparing to pass
When you complete this course, you’ll be prepared to pass the PHR or SPHR exam. Year after year, professionals who use the SHRM Learning System consistently beat the national pass rate.
When asked if certification was worth the cost and effort, HR professionals, on average, attributed a personal ROI of 253% to personal certification. Over one-third believed the benefits were worth more than five times the cost, suggesting an ROI of 476%!*
HR Certification Institute Testing
The HR Certification Institute requires HR professionals sitting for the PHR or SPHR exams to have a combination of demonstrated work experience and education. Visit www.hrci.org for more details.
All certification testing is computer-based and conducted at the 250 Prometric Test Centers around the country. If you have any further questions regarding the PHR or SPHR exams, visit www.hrci.org , or call 1-866-898-4724 or e-mail email@example.com.
HR Certification Institute Exam Dates
For best results, schedule your certification exam for a date that is after the end of your particular class section. The next test window is (May 1 through June 30, 2013) / (December 1, 2013 through January 31, 2014).
While no single course of study guarantees success on the HR Certification Institute exams, the SHRM Learning System has effectively helped thousands of individuals prepare for certification.
HR Certification Institue Exam Schedule
Regular Application Deadline: March 22, 2013
Late Application Deadline: April 19, 2013
Regular Application Deadline: October 4, 2013
Late Application Deadline: November 8, 2013
Who Should Attend:
Human Resources Professionals
Those planning to earn your Professional Human Resources (PHR®) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®) designation.
Advancing your career
For those not seeking certification, the SHRM Learning System course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist point of view, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core competencies and increase productivity. Long after completing the course, Learning System materials will serve as a valuable day-to-day resource manual, providing answers to a wide range of HR challenges.