Schedule of Events
All Events (except those noted) are Free and Open to the Public!
Friday, November 7, 2014
- 6:30 p.m.: Steps Montessori - performs at the Marshall Fredericks Sculpture Museum
- 7:30 p.m.: Poetry Slam - Marshall Fredericks Sculpture Museum
Saturday, November 8, 2014
7:30 p.m.: Ted Talk and Tasting: Creative 360 an evening to taste "Wine and Poetry" and to learn about poet Theodore Roethke (Fee TBD)
This will be similar to 2011 “Taste of Wine and Poetry.” It will feature a wine tasting and a presentation by Mike Kolleth, a collector of many first edition and special Roethke pieces.
Sunday, November 9, 2014
- 3 p.m. : “First Class” play – Rhea Miller Recital Hall. The play is written by David Wagoner, former student of Roethke and author/playwright)
- Evening: River Junction Poets “Letters from Home” – at Roethke House, Saginaw
Monday, November 10, 2014
- OLLI Class kicks off a three-session class (with Mike Kolleth). This class is the only one scheduled during the Festival, but is one of three. Following sessions will take place at the Roethke House, Saginaw
- 3:30-4:30 p.m.: “From a Greenhouse” – Dow Gardens. Seibles attends and reads Roethke and his own works.
- 7:30 p.m. Performance of “First Class”
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:50 p.m.: Tim Seibles visits SVSU's “Intro to Creative Writing” class. (SVSU students only)
- 1:00 – 2:20 p.m.: Tim Seibles visits “Teaching the Art of Writing” class/SVSU. (SVSU students only)
- 5:00 p.m.: By-invitation dinner
- 7:00 p.m.: SVSU Board of Fellows triennial Theordore Roethke Poetry Prize event.
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
- Tim Siebles private breakfast at the Roethke House, Saginaw
- 9:00-11:30 a.m.: A writing workshop for SVSU creative writing students, led by 2011 prize winner, David Baker.
- Tenative: Afternoon poetry reading: Reveling in Roethke, River Junction Poets @ Roberta Allen Reading Room
- 7:30 p.m.: Jazz Concert, Bay City State Theater, featuring 19 piece Michigan Jazz Trail Orchestra (Fee TBD)
General Information, www.svsu.edu/roethke or contact Roethke event manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.