Applying to PT School
Using your SVSU Degree Audit: (Are the following completed and/or are you on track)
Summary of SVSU Baccalaureate Degree Requirements at SVSU
- Satisfy University Basic Skills requirements in reading, writing and mathematics.
- Satisfy University General Education requirements.
-2 CI Courses
- Satisfy departmental requirements for a major and a minor or an interdisciplinary major (no minor required) or two majors.
- Complete at least 6 upper division (300-400 level) credits in the major from SVSU; complete at least 3 credits at the 200 level or higher in the minor from SVSU.
- Complete 42 credits of course work at the upper division (300-400) level.
- Complete a minimum of 124 credit hours (at least 31 credits must be taken at SVSU).
- Earn a 2.00 cumulative GPA with a grade of "C" or better in all Basic Skills, major and minor courses.
Summary of PT Application Requirements
For each PT school you will be applying to, you must go to the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS) and check that you meet each school’s requirement(s). PTCAS is a service that allows PT applicants to use a single application to apply to multiple PT programs.
- Application Deadline
- Supplemental Requirements
- School-Specific Questions
- Course Prerequisites
- PT Observations Hours
- GPA Requirement
- Foreign Applicants & Transcripts
Guaranteed Admission of U of M Flint Physical Therapy Program
Saginaw Valley State University has an articulation agreement with U of M Flint’s PT program for guaranteed admission if a student meets various criteria.