Are you enthusiastic, positive, and looking for a meaningful job that can also be a lot of fun? We are searching for a staff of knowledgeable, friendly Student Orientation Leaders to help new Cardinals and families in their transition to SVSU!
- Sharing your SVSU experience and Red Pride!
- Facilitating group interactions and guiding students through scheduled orientation activities!
- Assisting parents and family members at Parent Orientation.
- Explaining academic opportunities and procedures.
- Assisting with the online course registration process.
- Participating with and supporting fellow Student Orientation Leaders as part of a diverse team.
- Attending the full 4-day Orientation Leader Training/Retreat (including overnight).
- Gain leadership experience!
- Improve your group and individual communication skills!
- Develop professional relationships with faculty, staff, & other students!
- Meet new people, and make a difference in a new college student’s life!
- Earn income while working with an amazing team of Leaders!
- Must be currently enrolled, with minimum of 12 credit hours earned at SVSU.
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative SVSU GPA.
- Good academic and disciplinary standing with the University.
- Demonstrated involvement in campus organizations and activities.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm about SVSU.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Knowledge of the mySVSU portal registration process, and ability to troubleshoot if needed.
- Availability to attend the full 4-day Training/Retreat including overnight stays from May 2nd-5th, and most orientation programs (dates TBA).
We will be at the Summer Job & Internship Fair in January, and we will be hosing Info Nights in February. Check here and follow us on twitter (@SVOrientation) and facebook (www.facebook.com/SVOrientation) for details as the dates approach!
Apply online and submit your resume via the Cardinal Career Network beginning in late January. Completed applications will include your resume, a cover letter, and your written responses to the following prompts (1 total typewritten page or less):
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 989-964-4070!