Are you enthusiastic, positive, and looking for a meaningful job that can also be a lot of fun? We are searching for a staff of knowledgeable, friendly Student Orientation Leaders to help new Cardinals and families in their transition to SVSU!
- Sharing your SVSU experience and Red Pride!
- Facilitating group interactions and guiding students through scheduled orientation activities!
- Assisting parents and family members at Parent Orientation.
- Explaining academic opportunities and procedures.
- Assisting with the online course registration process.
- Participating with and supporting fellow Student Orientation Leaders as part of a diverse team.
- Attending the full 4-day Orientation Leader Training/Retreat (including overnight stays and evening social events).
- Gain leadership experience!
- Improve your group and individual communication skills!
- Develop professional relationships with faculty, staff, & other students!
- Meet new people, and make a difference in a new college student’s life!
- Earn income while working with an amazing team of Leaders!
- Must be currently enrolled, with minimum of 12 credit hours earned at SVSU.
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University.
- Demonstrated involvement in campus organizations and activities.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm about SVSU.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Knowledge of the mySVSU portal registration process, and ability to troubleshoot if needed.
- Availability to attend the full 4-day Training/Retreat including overnight stays from May 7th-11th, and at least 5 of the SOAR dates (listed below), plus Fresh Start on Thursday-Friday, August 23rd-24th.
Stop by one of our Info Nights to meet current Orientation Leaders, ask questions, and have some fun!
Apply online and submit your resume via the Cardinal Career Network from January 29th-February 26th. Completed applications will include your resume, a cover letter, and your written responses to the following prompts (1 total typewritten page or less):
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 989-964-4070!