Are you enthusiastic, positive, and looking for a meaningful job that can also be a lot of fun? We are searching for a staff of knowledgeable, friendly Student Orientation Leaders to help new Cardinals and families in their transition to SVSU!
- Interacting with and engaging new students and family members.
- Explaining academic opportunities and procedures.
- Assisting with the online course registration process.
- Administering Basic Skills placement tests.
- Participating with and supporting fellow Student Orientation Leaders as part of a diverse team.
- Attend all Orientation Leader Training Sessions & the off-campus overnight Retreat
- Gain leadership experience!
- Improve your group and individual communication skills!
- Develop professional relationships with faculty, staff, & other students!
- Meet new people, and make a difference in a new college student’s life!
- Earn income while working with an amazing team of Leaders!
- Must be currently enrolled, with minimum of 12 credit hours earned at SVSU by the conclusion of the Fall 2013 semester.
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative SVSU GPA.
- Good academic and disciplinary standing with the University.
- Demonstrated involvement in campus organizations and activities.
- Availability to attend all training sessions and the Leader retreat, and most orientation programs, especially during Spring and Summer 2014 semesters. (Please review these Important Dates for Future Orientation Leaders (238kB).)
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm about SVSU.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Knowledge of Cardinal Direct and ability to troubleshoot if needed.
Stop by one of our recruitment events! Ask questions, meet current Leaders, and compete to win great prizes! :)
- Apply online and submit your resume via the Cardinal Career Network beginning on October 28th. All resumes must be sumbitted via this online system no later than Friday, November 15th.
- Complete two Orientation Leader Recommendation Forms (357kB). (One form must be completed by an SVSU faculty or staff member.) These forms are also due to the Academic Advising Center no later than 4:30 pm on Friday, November 15th.
- Interviews will follow in late-November for selected candidates.