STEPS to SOAR
Your first step to becoming a Cardinal and the first step in your freshmen orientation sequence is SOAR (Student Orientation & Academic Registration).
SOAR Programs are offered from May through July, and all incoming freshmen must attend SOAR in order to enroll at SVSU. At SOAR, you will meet with an academic advisor to discuss your major and register for your first year of courses, learn about financial aid and important academic resources on campus, and connect iwth your new classmates and learn how to become involved on campus!
2016 SOAR Dates
- Tuesday, May 17 (FULL)
- Thursday, May 26 (FULL)
- Friday, June 3 (FULL)
- Wednesday, June 8 (FULL)
- Tuesday, June 14 (FULL)
- Friday, June 17 (FULL)
- Thursday, June 23
- Wednesday, July 20
- Tuesday, August 16
Steps to Register for SOAR:
- Activate your SVSU username and password at www.svsu.edu/changepassword.
- Go to my.svsu.edu and login using your SVSU username and password.
- Locate the "Self Service (Cardinal Direct)" box in the left column, and select the "Students" tab.
- Before attempting to select your SOAR date, click on the "My Financial Account" tab, and select "Make a Payment."
- Follow the prompts through the CashNet system to submit your $95 non-refundable orientation fee via e-check or credit card.
- Once you have submitted your payment, return to the "Students" tab and select the "Admissions" tab. Then select "Orientation Registration"
- Complete this form to select your SOAR date. Be sure to click Submit and review your confirmation details.
If you have any questions or need assistance with this process, please contact the Office of Orientation Programs at 989-964-4070 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need to Change Your Reservation?
If you need to change your SOAR date, you can do so online. Simply log in to mySVSU and go to the "Orientation Registration" page, and select a new date.
If you have any questions or difficulties registering for your SOAR program, please call the Admissions Office at (989) 964-4200.