Skip to main content Skip to footer
Link to feedback form Link to feedback form

International Student On-Campus Housing Application

** To reserve housing, please complete the Housing Application and pay the housing pre-payment of USD $200. If a student is denied a visa, the USD $200 pre-payment will be refunded. **


On-campus Housing Preference & Pre-Payment

Campus housing is reserved based on the date SVSU receives a student’s housing application and $200 pre-payment. New international students are guaranteed** on-campus housing if their materials are received at least 3 weeks before arrival in the USA.


Students may submit the housing application form by:

1. Completing the housing application online -- Check back later this week for the new contract.

2. Completing the housing application online by logging into your admission application.

3. Downloading the SVSU Housing Contract 19-20, completing on your computer, and emailing to

4. Downloading the SVSU Housing Contract 19-20, printing, and completing by hand and mailing to:

Saginaw Valley State University

ATTN: Stacy Stremlow

Office of International and Advanced Studies

7400 Bay Road

University Center, MI 48710 USA


Students may submit the $200 housing pre-payment by either:

1. Online payment through Flywire* – bank transfer or credit cards accepted via Flywire. SVSU Payment and Wire Instructions (262KB) (262kB) (262kB)

Why pay through Flywire by peerTransfer?

  •     Eliminate hidden bank fees – ensure Saginaw Valley State University receives the correct amount.

  •     Save on exchange rates – in most cases, you can make a payment in your home currency. Flywire will process the currency exchange – offering you wholesale exchange rates, unmatched by traditional banks.

  •     Peace of mind – 24×7 multilingual customer support when you need it most. Know where your payment is in the bank transfer process

2. Direct bank or wire transfer*

3. Bank draft or bank check* -- make checks payable to "Saginaw Valley State University".

SVSU Payment and Wire Instructions (262KB) (262kB) (262kB)


*All student payments must include the student SVSU ID# included on the transaction.

**Guarantee of on-campus housing requires that we receive both the application and the prepayment at least one month in advance of your arrival. We will make every effort to honor your request, but cannot guarantee you will receive your preference.


Housing Requirements

  • All those living on campus must be registered for classes (except during Spring/Summer).

  • All students living on campus must sign the housing contract before receiving keys to their unit.

  • When you arrive you must pay for the entire semester in order to move into housing.

  • Students arriving in the Fall must sign a contract for BOTH Fall AND Winter semesters.

  • Smoking is not allowed inside any of the units.

  • In Michigan, including on campus, you must be 21 years old to drink alcoholic beverages.

  • Students may switch units, based on availability, by contacting the Housing Office.


 Questions: Contact Stacy Stremlow at or call 989.964.2196.


On-Campus Housing Facilities

All units are fully furnished with full-size kitchens. To view our housing costs, visit the Housing website. Please note that listed prices do include electricity, heating, air conditioning, basic cable TV access, computer data port, and local phone. Meals are NOT included, but meal plans are available at the on-campus Food Court. Units remain open and available during all holidays.  To view our on-campus housing options, please visit tour the Housing website or download the Housing Viewbook.

Housing Viewbook (1,524KB)

Contact Us
(989) 964-4473(989) 964-4473


Like us on Facebook


Wickes 230


8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.