RN to BSN
The RN to BSN and/or step one of the RN to MSN is a flexible hybrid program that is a blend of on-campus and online courses that can be completed in a part-time or full-time schedule.
- RN To BSN program was designed by working nurses for working nurses.
- Individualized academic advising and planning with the RN to BSN coordinator who is a nursing faculty member and who teaches in the RN to BSN program.
- Part-time or full time study
- RNs have 32 SVSU credits recorded for their basic nursing preparation and experiences.
- Flexible schedule is available and nursing courses can be completed in four semesters.
- Clinical experiences in practicum courses are individualized and build on previous learning and experience.
- Progression toward MSN program
- Nursing courses are offered 1 day a week on campus or in hybrid format (some courses do not meet every week) utilizing technology, distance learning strategies.
- We provide friendly and free computer and technology support as well as academic writing and library research support. We also offer free tutoring in many subjects such as statistics. We will help you succeed.
- SVSU works with many community colleges.
- No year limit on transfer courses.
- Many scholarships are available.
- CCNE accredited
- There are two degree options:
Basic Requirements for Admission
Upon admission to the University, students should meet with the RN to BSN program coordinator. The following documentation will need to be provided to be admitted to the RN to BSN program:
- A copy of your Michigan RN license.
- A copy of your transcript from an Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Diploma Program. A GPA of 2.5 or better is required for acceptance to the accelerated RN to MSN Program.
- An approved plan of study, which includes student’s goals and individualized plan for program completion prepared by the RN to BSN Coordinator. Transfer credits are considered in this process.
We invite you to contact Dr. Andrea Frederick, RN to BSN Coordinator or Steve Killey, HHS Academic Advisor for more information about the RN to BSN program at email@example.com or (989) 964-4517. We look forward to hearing from you!
Related Program Information