RN to BSN
The RN to BSN and/or step one of the RN to MSN is a flexible hybrid program that is a blend of on-campus and online courses that can be completed in a part-time or full-time schedule.
- Part-time or full-time study
- RNs have 32 SVSU credits recorded for their basic nursing preparation and experiences.
- Flexible schedule is available and nursing courses can be completed in four semesters.
- Clinical experiences in practicum courses are individualized and build on previous learning and experience.
- Progression toward MSN program
- Nursing courses are offered 1 day a week on campus or in hybrid format utilizing technology, VSpace computer instruction and other distance learning strategies. Some courses do not meet every week.
- SVSU has articulation agreements with many community colleges.
- No year limit on transfer courses.
- Scholarships are available.
- CCNE accredited
- There are two degree options:
Basic Requirements for Admission
Upon admission to the University, students should meet with the RN to BSN program coordinator. The following documentation will need to be provided to be admitted to the RN to BSN program:
- A copy of your Michigan RN license.
- A copy of transcript from an Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Diploma Program. A GPA of 2.5 or better is required; and a 3.0 GPA is required for the accelerated RN to MSN Program.
- An approved plan of study, which includes student’s goals and individualized plan for program completion. Transfer credits are considered in this process.
We invite you to contact Dr. Andrea Frederick, RN to BSN Coordinator or Ted Lind, HHS Academic Advisor for more information about the RN to BSN program. Dr. Frederick may be reached at (989) 964-4541 or firstname.lastname@example.org and Ted Lind may be reached at (989) 964-4517 or email@example.com.
Related Program Information