1. No room reservation will be made until the minimum $200 prepayment and the Housing Contract/Application have been received by Housing Operations and all student financial obligations are current.
2. The contract extends through the entire academic year.
3. All payments are due by 6:00 p.m. the date specified. Payments not made by the published due date(s)/time may result in loss of services including withdrawal from SVSU classes. This would not result in a reduction of the existing housing obligation.
4. Single room preference will be honored according to date of confirmed room reservation.
5. Students should refer to Self-Service (Cardinal Direct) for current payment information on their University account.
6. University Housing Contracts/Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis for room preferences (single bedrooms) and roommate requests. Freshmen are randomly assigned and cannot choose a facility. Once the facilities are fully reserved, a waiting list will be retained. Students will remain under contract unless notification is received in writing that there are no vacancies and the contract is terminated. The Housing Operations office experiences many cancellations over the summer and will continue to manage a waiting list. You will be notified of the status of your reservation request soon after it is received in the Housing Operations office.
7. A $12.00 per semester Residential Leadership fee is included in the housing rates.
8. Students on the meals per week plan must use these meals in the period designated. However, for semester based meal plans, the unused meals in the Fall semester roll over to the Winter semester. Declining balance dollars, an option for most meal plans, not used in the Fall semester will roll over to the Winter semester. All unused declining balance dollars and meal plans are forfeited at the end of the Winter semester.
9. Students will not be allowed to move in until their housing account is current, in accordance with the dates published within this payment schedule.
10. The University reserves the right to assign students to overflow accommodations on a temporary basis in the event that regular spaces are not available at the beginning of the semester.
Questions regarding payment may be answered by calling the Saginaw Valley State University Campus Financial Services Center at (989)964-4900. For additional information regarding potential resources and alternative payment options, please contact the Campus Financial Services Center. Payments can be made in person (cash, check or money order) or by mail (check or money order) at the Campus Financial Services Center.
Mail Payments to:
Campus Financial Services Center
Saginaw Valley State University
7400 Bay Road
University Center, MI 48710-0001
Make your check or money order payable to "SVSU" (include student name and ID number).
Payments can be made online at cardinaldirect.svsu.edu using a credit card (2.75% service fee assessed by CashNet, a third-party processor) or electronic check (no charge).
SVSU does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical impairment, disability or veteran status in the provision of education, employment and other services.