Setting up WebDAV for Windows
Setting up WebDAV for Windows XP
Note: There must be at least one object (file, folder etc.) in the course or project resource area before you begin the setup procedure. This procedure needs to be done once for each site before you can use WebDAV to transfer files to and from any one site.
- Double-click on the My Network Places icon on your PC desktop or click Start > My Network Places.
- Click Add a network place on the left menu.
- Click Next.
- Make sure that Choose another network location is selected and click Next.
- In the Internet or network address field, type (or copy and paste) the URL for this site shown above and click Next.
- When prompted, enter your Sakai username and your password and click OK.
- Enter a name for the course or project resources you are adding (e.g., History 101 Resources) and clickNext.
- Click Finish to complete the set up.
When the setup process is complete, the course or project resources folder will appear in your My Network Places as a folder, where it will act just like any other folder in Windows Explorer. You can now drag files and folders to and from your computer and the site's Resources folder.