NetDrive Installation & Settings
NetDrive provides easy home access to your M-Drive and other shared drives to which you have rights avoiding the use of the NetStorage downloads and uploads.
Do not use this on your office computer.
Once you have connected, you have the same access at home as you do at work. The only difference you will notice will be the speed at which a file opens or saves.
- Download and install NetDrive.
- Open NetDrive.
- Click the "New Site" button in lower left corner.
- Enter SVSU M-Drive for Site Name.
- Enter in the Site Address/URL (this connection uses SSL): https://netstorage.svsu.edu/oneNet/NetStorage
- Click Finish.
- Select server type as WebDav, and an unused drive letter, such as M:.
- Uncheck Anonymous/Public Logon.
- Enter your SVSU username, and leave Save Password box unchecked for your own security at home.
This must be done each time you reboot your computer or disconnect.
Click on the “Connect” button and login with your SVSU username and password. A drive icon will be placed in your System Tray for quick and easy access to the NetDrive program.
Now you can save to your M-Drive just like you would save to any other location on your computer.