With the increased general use of audio and video on the internet, members of the campus community are rightfully concerned about their privacy when using computers.
This policy does not apply to:
- Campus security cameras deployed by University Police or ITS, to ensure security on campus or in open computer labs
This policy does apply to:
- Video Distance Education classes & classrooms
- Desktop video conferencing systems such as:
- Big Blue Button,
- AT&T Connect
- Classrooms using some form of Lecture Capture
- Hand held/mobile devices
- Information Technology Services (ITS) staff regularly support audio and video communications over the internet to & from classrooms and to & from micro computers or hand held devices.
- ITS staff will never activate microphones or cameras without the knowledge of faculty, staff, or students whose voices or images might be seen, heard or recorded.
- In a classroom setting, students will be informed by a simple statement by the instructor or a posted sign that the class is being televised or recorded.
- Faculty will always have the ability to cut off audio recording when recording a lecture in a classroom (Lecture Capture).