Dr. Mamie T. Thorns, KCP FFF Coordinator
SAGINAW VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY
7400 Bay Rd.
Wickes Hall, Rm 260
University Center, MI 48710
Applicants must meet the following criteria and prepare their applications according to the following requirements to be considered for a funding award by the SVSU KCP FFF Committee. KCP FFF applications are due October 1st to be considered for the current school year.
1. Initially send a cover letter to the Coordinator indicating that you are in your senior year and would like to begin the application process for the KCP FFF Program. Be sure that your name, mailing address, work and home phone numbers, and e-mail address are all included in your letter. Upon receipt of this letter, the Coordinator will send you an application form and a folder will be established in your name.
2. Submit a completed KCP FFF Application 2016-2017 (100kB) with necessary signatures.
3. Submit official copies of all relevant academic transcripts. Grades are very important components of the application.
4. Write and submit a Career Goal Statement (2-4 pages, double-spaced word processed) expressing plans to enter graduate school with appropriate rationales. The Statement should show a commitment to teaching in Michigan higher education for at least three years (full time). This is a contractual obligation of the Program.
5. Submit an updated resume and at least three letters of reference. Letters of reference must be sent to the Coordinator directly from the person doing the referral.
6. Submit a copy of the letter from the SVSU graduate program admitting the applicant is in full (good) academic standing. No award may be officially granted without this letter.
7. Michigan has a contact with Illinois, enabling Michigan award recipients to fulfill their three-year teaching obligation at a university or college in that State. Please inform the Coordinator if graduate school and/or a university or college teaching career is planned in Illinois.
The SVSU KCP FFF Committee will NOT review incomplete application folders. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure that the Coordinator is in possession of all required materials. These documents such as transcripts and graduate admission letters are not automatically sent through the SVSU interoffice mail system, rather, the applicant must actively have them delivered to the KCP FFF Program Coordinator, Dr. Mamie T. Thorns, Wickes Hall, Rm 260.
All scholarship recipients will be notifies within 8 weeks of application submission.
Please remember to update contact information as needed.