At SVSU, we believe faculty can have the best of both worlds: being able to teach, have meaningful interaction with students, and the support to conduct and present research. Each month faculty work is published in the internal faculty/staff newsletter, the "Interior". See what's new:
- Marlena Bravender, assistant professor of education technology, presented a paper titled “Authoring online simulations: Will it make me a better principal?” at the Society of Information Technology in Teacher Education annual conference, March 21 in Jacksonville, Fla.
- Geoffrey V. Carter, assistant professor of English, presented a paper and video as part of a panel entitled “Videocy in the Age of Open Access: The Challenges for Scholarship” at the Conference on College Composition and Communication, March 19-22 in Indianapolis, Ind.
- Eric Gardner, associate dean of the College of Arts & Behavioral Sciences, has a chapter titled “Slave Narratives and Archival Research” in the Oxford Handbook of the African American Slave Narrative (New York: Oxford University Press, 2014: 36-53). Gardner spoke as part of an invited roundtable on the book at the C19 Nineteenth-Century Americanists Conference, March 13 at the University of North Carolina.
- Tai Chi Lee, professor of computer & information systems, had a paper titled “Geometric Transformations via Matrix Multiplications Using Hardware/Software Co-design” published in the International Journal of Advances in Computer Science, Vol. 3 Issue 2, pp. 91-96, March 2014.
- Mike Mosher, professor of art/communication digital media, was asked to create an art installation for the 52nd Ann Arbor Film Festival at the Michigan Theater, March 25-30, in Ann Arbor.