CSIS Student Outcomes
CSIS Students Are Able To . ..
At the end of their programs at SVSU, the department expects CSIS students to be able to:
- Solve problems by using skills in math, computer science, and technology
- Design, implement, document and maintain computer systems
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Understand professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
- Apply their knowledge and skills as they start their professional careers
- Work well both independently and collaboratively with diverse groups
- Generate new and creative ideas
Graduates Demonstrate . . .
After the successful completion of their degree requirements at SVSU:
- Graduates shall demonstrate a thorough grounding in the fundamental principles and practices of computing and information systems, and those principles that underpin them.
- Graduates shall demonstrate an understanding of the contexts in which computing is applied.
- Graduates shall find employment in the computing profession and/or continue advanced studies in computer science or information systems.