Course content will include:
- Medical terminology specific to the pharmacy reading and interpreting prescriptions
- Defining drugs by generic and brand names.
- Dosage calculations, I.V. flow rates, drug compounding and dose conversions
- Dispensing of prescriptions
- Inventory control, billing and reimbursement will also be discussed
Upon completion of the training, you will receive a packet of information regarding the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) exam. The exam is held at three sites in Michigan and costs $125. The packet explains the PTCB certification process and will walk you through the eligibility requirements, application procedures and important deadlines.
A full refund will be given to those who cancel 3 weeks prior to the start of a class. Cancellations made 2 weeks prior to the start of class will receive refund, less 25% cancellation fee. Cancellations made less than 1 week prior to the start of the class will be eligible for 50% refund. No refunds will be honored after the first day of class. Should the books be returned in like-new condition and with no markings prior to the start of the second class, only the applicable cancellation fee will be assessed.
This class must have a minimum of 8 students and a maximum of 24. If the class does not meet the minimum requirement it may be rescheduled.