APPLY Now! to Athletic Training
A committee, based upon current selection criteria, will select students to be admitted to the Athletic Training Education Program. Students should apply to the Athletic Training Education Program after completing the prerequisite application requirements. You can download all application forms at the bottom of this page. The admission process takes place twice a year and actual admission occurs at the beginning of fall or winter semesters.
Selection Criteria for the Athletic Training Education Program
Ordinarily, the entering class is admitted to the Athletic Training Education Program in the fall or winter semesters. Admission to SVSU is required for, but does not guarantee, acceptance into the Athletic Training Education Program. The program is planned to accommodate a limited number of students each year and this number may vary depending on available resources. Prospective students must submit an application for admission to the athletic training education program by April 15th preceding fall admission or by November 15 th preceding winter admission. Requirements include:
- Completed a minimum of 12 college level semester hours and are currently enrolled in a minimum of 12 college level semester hours.
- Achieved a minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA for all completed course work (based on all college-level work computed both at SVSU and at other schools and colleges)
- Completed (or are in the process of completing) the following courses with a GPA of 2.75 or better in each:
- KINE 120 First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
- KINE 232 Athletic Injury Management.
- KINE 232L Athletic Injury Management Laboratory.
- KINE 252 Introduction to Athletic Training & Exercise Science.
- The following valid certifications (or their equivalents):
- Sport Safety Training - American Red Cross or the equivalent.
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer - American Red Cross or the equivalent.
- Submitted two letters of recommendation.
- Completed physical examination and verification of immunizations by an MD/DO/NP/PA and Hepatitis B vaccination.
- Completed Technical Standards Document
- Completed Confidentiality document.
- Complete Athletic Training Student contract.
Please complete all application forms and submit by the submission date listed above.
Other Application Materials to be submitted
Please submit the following materials along with the completed forms from above:
• Copy of currrent CPR/AED Certification Card
• Copy of current Immunization Record
Athletic Training Student Handbook 2011-2012 (559kB)