7400 Bay Road
University Center, MI 48710
178 Wickes Hall
1. Apply for admission. SVSU operates on a rolling admission basis; however, for best results, application is encouraged by February 15 for the following Fall; October 1 for Winter, and February 1 for Spring and Summer.
2. Pay $30 non-refundable application fee. Check or money order should be payable to SVSU with the applicant’s name or Social Security number on the check.
3. Arrange to have official transcripts send from each institution attended mailed directly to: SVSU Office of Admissions, 7400 Bay Road, University Center, MI 48710.
4. If no Associate’s Degree is completed, then proof of high school graduation is required (diploma, copy of high school transcript, or GED), along with ACT or SAT scores.
1. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (wwwfafsa.ed.gov) form as early as January 1st. For best results, complete by February 15th or as soon as possible after that date.
2. On the FAFSA form, enter SVSU’s Federal School Code: 002314.
1. Review how your courses will transfer to SVSU with an Admissions Representative. Note: Basic Math/ Algebra fulfilled via equivalent to SVSU’s MATH 082/ Beginning Algebra or higher algebra-based course; Writing fulfilled via equivalent to SVSU’s ENGL 111/ Composition I; Reading fulfilled via equivalent to SVSU’s a) ENGL 082 and 103 or b) ENGL 103 and 104, or Reading waived if transferring with either 1) 60 or more credits and a 2.75 gpa, 2) 45-59 credits and a 3.00 GPA, or 3) 30-44 credits and a 3.25 gpa.
2. Take necessary placement testing
Upon admission to SVSU, you will receive a Transfer Orientation Program (TOP) packet in the mail.
1. Reserve your orientation date.
At your orientation, or TOP, you will:
2. Discuss basic skills, general education/ communication intensive, and major/ minor requirements.
3. Review how your transfer courses are applied here at SVSU.
4. Complete any necessary placement testing in basic skills math, reading and writing.
5. Select and register for your first semester courses at SVSU.
1. Take a virtual tour of our Housing Options at www.svsu.edu/housing
2. Decide which meal plan is best for you.
3. Fill out your housing packet and return with a $200 deposit.
Payment for each semester is due usually at least three weeks before classes begin.
1. Log into Cardinal Direct, SVSU’s web based student access system (login information is given at Orientation)
2. Payment can be made via cash, check, money order, or credit card. Information about the Cardinal Payment Plan can be accessed at www.svsu.edu/cpp.