First Day of Class
The first day of class sets a precedent for the semester so plan carefully. Here are some things to do and remember:
- Don't forget to bring your chalk/dry-erase markers and syllabi with you.
- Get to class early to set up your technology and meet your students.
- Introduce yourself and tell the students how you would like to be addressed.
- Try to begin your first class with an ice-breaker.
- Perform and overview of class and distribute and discuss the syllabus.
For some great ideas to help you manage your first day of class go to: