- No course may be dropped after the eleventh week of the semester except in cases of documented personal emergency. Proportional dates will be used for courses of shorter duration.
- A grade of "D" is not a passing grade for any required course. Regarding prerequisites, students must obtain at least a "C" grade in all prerequisite courses before being permitted to enroll in subsequent courses.
- Grade changes may be made only for a certified error on the part of University faculty or staff.
- A course may be repeated at SVSU to raise a grade. All grades shall remain on the student's academic record (transcript), but in computing the GPA, the better grade will be counted.
- A course taken at SVSU may only be repeated at another institution if the course is an equivalent course at SVSU, the initial course grade at SVSU was a D, F, WF or a grade of C or better is earned in the repeated course. There will be no transfer of the grade earned from the other institution and no recalculation of the SVSU GPA.
- No course can be repeated at SVSU more than twice for a grade. Appeals for additional repeats may be made to the dean of the appropriate college.
- In specified courses, students have the option of being graded on a pass/fail basis. This option requires permission of the instructor and must be recorded in the Registrar's Office by the end of the second week of the semester or proportional times for shorter semesters.
Grades in transferred courses are not included in calculating the SVSU grade point average. Transfer credit will be removed if equivalent course work is taken through SVSU or any other transfer institution.